Mostly, I just believe that I’m never going to stop learning what it is I believe.
1. The only person that can ever truly make you happy is yourself. Stop depending on everyone else.
2. People lie, stuff happens. Don’t take it too personally. Nothing that other people do is about you.
3. Want people to think you’re amazing? Start believing you are, and then they will too.
4. Smiling is the ultimate anti-depressant. Smile and laugh out loud, it doesn’t look stupid, I promise.
5. The world is never just black and white, right or wrong, one way or another. Try and see things from as many points of view as possible. We are all connected.
6. “Let everything happen to you. Beauty and terror. Just keep going; no feeling is final.” — Rainer Maria Rilke
7. Have empathy.
8. Gossip, problems of the past, events you cannot control, negative thoughts and negative people; time spent on these is time poorly wasted.
9. Learn something new every single day of your life. Even if the one thing is learning what NOT to do tomorrow.
10. Make sure your priorities make sense. Learn to use things and love people instead of using people and loving things.
11. Step outside your comfort zone. Get dirty, be scared! That’s when you truly feel alive.
12. Don’t be afraid to be yourself, the people who really matter, don’t mind.
13. Let your emotions out sometimes, humans have them for a reason.
14. Celebrate the things you have. Think only positively of the things you don’t and they too will come.
15. Love unconditionally. Love as default.
Experts in ancient Greek culture say that people back then didn’t see their thoughts as belonging to them. When ancient Greeks had a thought, it occurred to them as a god or goddess giving an order. Apollo was telling them to be brave. Athena was telling them to fall in love.
Now people hear a commercial for sour cream potato chips and rush out to buy, but now they call this free will. At least the ancient Greeks were being honest.”
— Chuck Palahniuk